Home Search Login  
Print Bookmark


 High Cemetery, Canton, Van Zandt, Texas, USA


High Cemetery

Notes:
Located about six and one-half miles southeast of Canton on the Old Kaufman Road. Surveyed in 1965 by Harrell and Floy Wooten Mixon, Dumas, Texas., with the aid of Mr. Jess Helms.

The land for the cemetery and school was donated by Henry High and named for him about 1884. The school was used for church services when a "Travlin' Preacher" came along and for funeral services. A homecoming is held every second Sunday in July.



Cemetery Photos

   Thumb   Description 
1
HAGER
HAGER
Eliza Jane Berry High and James Jackson High 
2
HAGER
HAGER
Samuel High 
3
HAGER
HAGER
Permelia Cureton High 
4
HAGER
HAGER
James Henry High and wife, A A High 
5
HAGER
HAGER
Henry Harrison High and Sara Elizabeth Norman 
6
HAGER
HAGER
Mary Jane Griffin High 
7
HAGER
HAGER
Nopoleon Police High 



This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding, Copyright © 2001-2006, created by Darrin Lythgoe, Sandy, Utah. All rights reserved.